Everyone loves monkey bread, but this one is for the true cheese lover.
Cheddar Cheesy Monkey Bread
- Prep time 15 min
- Total time 55 min
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/3 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cans (10.2 oz each) Flaky Layers refrigerated buttermilk or original biscuits (5 biscuits each)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded-Colby cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded-Cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening, or spray with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter, onion powder, white pepper, salt and garlic powder. Separate each can of dough into 5 biscuits; cut each biscuit into fourths. Coat half of the biscuit pieces in butter mixture; arrange in pan.
In a bowl combine cheddar cheese and colby cheese. is a total of 2 1/2 cups cheese.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over dough. Coat remaining dough pieces in butter mixture; place over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Run knife around outside edge to loosen.
- Place heatproof plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Remove pan; invert onto serving plate. Pull apart to serve.