This savory quick bread is wonderful as a side or an appetizer. It smells absolutely terrific and tastes even better. It works with many meals and many occasions. The only caveat to this recipe is that the bread doesn’t keep for long, so bake it and serve it the same day.
Portions: 8 servings
Cook time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Calories Portions: 304
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 oz cheddar cheese cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a loaf pan with butter.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
4. In another bowl whisk together the eggs. Add in the olive oil and milk and whisk until well combined.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry. Using a wooden spoon mix until combined, making sure not to over mix.
6. Stir in the cheese and chives.
7. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.