Cheese And Strawberry Strudel
A Simple Strawberry and cheese strudel recipe, this flaky pastry is a delicious treat.
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 6 Tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- To make the filling, combine, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and salt add egg yolk and whisk to combine.
- Place thawed pastry sheets on a work surface dusted with confectioners sugar.
- Roll out lengthwise to about 12 inches long.
- Cut 2 inch long slits down each side, 1 inch apart.
- Spread cream cheese filling down the middle of pastry.
- Spread jam on top of cream cheese filling.
- To wrap the pastry, take the first strip from the left and pull it down and across, attaching it to the base of the strips on the right.
- Take the first strip on the right side and pull it down and across.
- Repeat these steps, alternating sides until the pastry is all wrapped
- Brush top with egg wash then sprinkle sugar over top.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheet. Cut to serve.