The Cheesecake Factory’s version doubles down on the cheese — fried mac and cheese patty AND cheddar cheese sauce.
Cheeseburger Macaroni & Cheese
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8 mac cheese
- 2 package Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, prepared
- 3 cups bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Oil for deep drying
- Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed. let it cool, then put it in the 9×13 pan with parchment paper, pressing down evenly. Cover and place in freezer for 2 hours or more, until needed.
- Combine egg and milk in shallow dipping bowl. In a separate plate or large shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, salt, oregano, peper flakes, oregano and garlic.
Bring oil to 350-375.
- Remove frozen macaroni from parchment and With a cup to cut out circles in the macaroni and cheese for use as buns. Dip each into egg wash, then coat with crumbs. Fry 5-6 in hot oil until both sides are golden brown. Remove from oil onto paper towels. Repeat until all macaroni has been used.
With buns successfully made I put together the rest of the burger. (It ended up absolutely amazing with the mac and cheese!)