This soup is unlike any soup you’ve ever tasted. It’s SO yummy and delicious that I could seriously LICK THE BOWL. I’m fully aware that this isn’t the healthiest meal out there, even with the fat free substitutions, therefore I only condone eating it after a vigorous workout at the gym.
Yield: 8 cups
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 8-oz. pkg. pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Combine first 8 ingredients in large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Stir in ground beef and 2 cups milk.
- Whisk together flour and remaining milk in a small bowl until smooth; gradually whisk into soup. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Add cayenne pepper, if desired. Top with bacon just before serving.