Cheesy Bean Dip made with real cheddar cheese, sour cream, refried beans, green peppers and serve with tortilla chips and you’ve got yourself the perfect appetizer!
Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans
- 1 (4 oz.) can green peppers
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cups mexican cheese blend, grated, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, minced, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce (we used Cholula)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- tortilla chips, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent. 6-8 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Mix in refried beans, green peppers and cumin, then season generously with salt and pepper. Stir everything together until combined.
- Remove bean mixture from heat and stir in sour cream, hot sauce, 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1 cup mexican cheese.
- Transfer dip to a large baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before topping with minced jalapeño, if using, and serving with tortilla chips.