This tortilla lasagna is just like regular lasagna… except it uses tortillas instead of lasagna pasta, as well as fajita seasoning mix, dried oregano and chili powder for flavor. Mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup provide the creaminess and the final touch that seals in the Mexican character of this dish is a topping of chopped tomatoes and green onion.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (about 1 ounce) fajita seasoning mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 12 corn tortillas (5-to 6- inch)
- Chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Stir cheese soup, milk and half the fajita seasoning in medium bowl until mixture is smooth.
Cook beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Stir mushroom soup, water, chili powder, oregano and remaining fajita seasoning in skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
Place 3 tortillas in the bottom of a 2-quart shallow baking dish, overlapping slightly. Spread 1 cup beef mixture over the tortillas. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining tortillas. Spread the cheese soup mixture over the tortillas.
Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the tomatoes and onions, if desired.