Cheesy Taco a Casserole . This easy Taco Casserole recipe is one of those melt in your mouth goodness recipes that I could make continuously, and my family would never complain.
Cheesy Taco a Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and crumbled
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Cook and crumble ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning, 1/4 cup water, and can of rotel to the ground beef (including the liquid from the can).
- Heat until liquid has mostly boiled down.
- Remove ground beef from heat and set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese and beat with mixer until completely smooth.
- Once cream cheese is smooth, add salsa and mix until combined.
- In medium saucepan, heat refried beans and add 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture to it.
- Stir refried beans and heat until thoroughly mixed with cream cheese.
- Remove beans from heat and set aside.
- Coat a 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Take 1/3 cup of ground beef mixture and spread along bottom of the 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place 2-4 flour tortillas on the bottom of the baking dish. (I only placed 2 but I feel that 4 would have made the layers more distinct, either way it will be delicious!)
- Spread half of the bean mixture on top of the flour tortillas.
- Top the bean mixture with half of the salsa mixture.
- Top salsa with half of ground beef mixture.
- Mix both cheeses together and top the casserole with half of the cheese.
- Add a layer of 2-4 flour tortillas.
- Top tortillas with remaining bean mixture.
- Add remaining salsa mix to the top of the refried beans.
- Top with remaining ground beef.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese onto the ground beef layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese has melted.