This is a version with more cheese, and arugula, I saw the recipe for Cheesy-Zucchini-And-Red-Onion-Flatbread, and to my taste, it needs more cheese. I love cheese any of them. The bladed arugula and cheese with a twist gives the blend of flavors is exquisite. Add a touch of olive and .. boccato di cardinale!
yield 4 to 6 servings
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 10-ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 cup garlic-and-herb cheese spread (such as Alouette), divided
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small tomato (cubes)
- 1 7- to 8-inch-long zucchini (yellow or green), cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds, divided
- 10-15 leaves of arugula
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick spray.
- Unroll dough onto parchment. Spread half of herb cheese over 1 long half of dough, leaving 1/2-inch plain border.
- Sprinkle with half of Parmesan
- Using parchment as aid, fold plain half of dough over filled half (do not seal edges). Spread remaining herb cheese over top; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Remove enough outer layers of onion to yield 2-inch-diameter core; cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Arrange 1 row of zucchini down 1 long side of dough. Arrange onion rounds in row alongside zucchini.
- Arrange 1 more row of zucchini alongside onion .
- Sprinkle the chopped tomato on whole preparation add mozzarella cheese
- Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper … Bake bread until puffed and deep brown at edges, about 24 minutes. Sprinkle with arugula and olive oil