Delicious chocolate cake with cherry and creamy fudge. Anybody want a piece?
Cherry Chocolate Fudge Cake
You will need:
- 23cm (9in) springform tin, greased and lined with baking parchment
- 20cm (8in) loose-bottomed tin, lined with baking parchment
- 85g (3½oz) golden caster sugar
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 25g (1oz) plain flour, sifted
- 35g (1¼oz) cocoa powder, sifted
- 2 x 390g (13½oz) jar black cherries in kirsch, drained and liquid reserved
- 14 ounces can Sweetened Condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cocoa powder for garnish
- Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F gas 6.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs in a large bowl until thick, pale and glossy.
- Gently fold in the flour and cocoa, keeping as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Spoon into the 23cm (9in) tin and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until springy to the touch.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Trim the sponge to fit snugly into the 20cm (8in) tin. Prick the cake all over, drizzle over the juice from ½ of one of the cherry jars then cover evenly with the cherries, Place on a baking tray.
- Microwave the milk and chocolate chips for 1 minute.
Stir until smooth adding 15 seconds at a time back in the microwave if not smooth.
- Spoon over the cherries and chill for at least 4 hours. To decorate cocoa drizzle over the cake