A homemade recipe for chicken, broccoli and red pepper casserole casserole made completely from scratch, a tasty and nutritional dinner that’s easy to make and seriously flavorful – just what we like to dig into after a long day.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed bread
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute red pepper and broccoli until tender crisp. 8-10 minutes.
- Add onion and cook for another 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Season everything with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
- Combine chicken and veggies in a 9×13-inch baking dish and stir in mushroom soup.
- In a bowl, drizzle melted butter over bread cubes and toss to coat thoroughly. Spread bread out over the chicken mixture, then top evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Place baking dish in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes for serving.
Recipe adapted from Country Crock