This is a great recipe for parties. I freeze the leftovers; they reheat quite well. The zesty chicken and cooked peppers are a succulent delight when mixed with the melted cheeses. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve with sour cream and salsa
Zesty chicken and cooked peppers are a tasty delight when mixed with cheese and stuffed in a tortilla to create chicken quesadillas.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 55 Minutes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken
- 1 (1.27 ounce) packet fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas ( I use whole wheat tortilla)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey
- Jack cheese
- Preheat the broiler. Grease a baking sheet.
Toss the chicken with the fajita seasoning, then spread onto the baking sheet. Place under the broiler and cook until the chicken pieces are no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the green bell peppers, red bell peppers, onion, corn and chicken. Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and vegetable mixture, then sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and Monterey Jack. Fold the tortillas in half and Place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake quesadillas in the preheated oven until the cheeses have melted, about 10 minutes.