This is so good! My family loves this dish. You’ll want to drink the sauce, it’s that good!! I found this recipe on recipezaar and always made this in my high carb days, and realized that it’s already low carb. Try it, you will love it.
Makes 3-6 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breast (skinless and cubed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 fresh red cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Mix the seasonings in a small bowl. Rub this mixture on the chicken pieces to coat them well. Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the cream to the skillet and turn the heat to medium-low. Simmer until the chicken is done, stirring the sauce occasionally and flipping the chicken over halfway through the cooking time. (If you’re using chicken thighs, this will take another 5 minutes per side.) When the chicken is done, and the sauce has reduced and thickened, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted, stir it into the sauce. Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and 3 fresh red cayenne pepper to decorate.