This delectable, tangy, strange, creamy, and bold pan sauce is one of my favorites, and I’m getting ready to tell you why. Are you ready? Here goes:
It’s delectable, tangy, strange, creamy, and bold! That’s why.
But really, guys. So good. Instantly transforms plain ol’ chicken breasts, plain ol’ pork chops, plain ol’ medium rare steak.
Make it for someone you love sometime soon.
Chicken With Mustard Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 20 Min
- -4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- -2 tablespoons olive oil
- -Salt and pepper, to taste
- -1 Tablespoons Butter
- -1/4 cup chicken broth
- -1/2 cup heavy cream
- -1 cup Brandy (or White Wine If Preferred)
- -1 Tablespoon (heaping) Grainy Mustard
- -2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- -1 teaspoon dried tarragon or oregano
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Pour chicken broth into hot skillet.
Whisk in the cream, mustards, Brandy and tarragon or oregano. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts back to the pan, nestling them into the sauce. Allow sauce to cook for another few minutes, shaking the pan if needed to move things around.
- Serve chicken with a green salad, spooning the sauce over the top.