This chicken stuffed with pepper jack cheese and spinach looks so tasty and believe me, they taste even better than they look. Always goes down a treat around our dinner table. Take a look at how easy these are to make below.
Yield: 4.00 Servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
- 1 c frozen spinach, thawed and drained (you can also use fresh cooked spinach)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lots of toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten the seams with several toothpicks. This part requires a tiny bit of skill and I typically use about 8 toothpicks in each roll to ensure none of the filling seeps out. Be sure to count how many total toothpicks were used!
- Brush each chicken breast with the olive oil.
Place the chicken seam-side up onto a tin foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving. Count to make sure you have removed every last toothpick. Serve whole or slice into medallions.
Recipe credit: Cooking creation