Chicken and dumplings are classic comfort food. Make it easy by using time-saving ingredients; you’ll save on time but still experience the full flavor.
Imagine a thick, hearty chicken stew. It’s got tender chunks of chicken breast, hearty vegetables and velvety gravy holding it all together. OK, you got that image going? Now imagine someone just gave you a hot fluffy biscuit to sop it all up with. Got it? Are you drooling? Because my mouth is watering just typing this.
That s exactly what this dish is.
Its like a cross between Chicken Pot Pie and Chicken Dumplings. The underside of the biscuits stays moist almost like a dumpling but the top cooks up fluffy. And they;re all piled on top of the yummiest chicken filling
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 1 10-ounce package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 10.75-ounce can condensed cream-of-mushroom soup
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 10-count tube refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Combine the chicken, vegetables, soup, salt, pepper, and 3/4 cup water in a large bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe casserole, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, place the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake until the biscuits are golden brown and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove both the casserole and the biscuits from the oven.
- Uncover the casserole, place the biscuits on top, and serve.