Loaded with potatoes, squash, chicken, mushrooms and peas, this creamy has everything you need to make a complete and delicious meal.
Chicken Potato Mushrooms
50-60 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup squash in cube
- 2 cups cooked chicken, minced or crushed
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup grated and shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
In a large baking dish ( 9×13 in) place cubed potatoes, cubed pumpkin and mushrooms and drizzle olive oil over them. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the veggies in oven and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are almost fork tender.
- In a bowl mix the milk with half and half.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan (over medium heat) melt the butter and add the garlic cook 1-minute.
Stir in flour and cook, stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes, or until mixture is golden, smooth and paste-like.
- Gradually pour in milk/half and half and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until thickened, then stir in cheddar cheese, and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg (without interrupting mixing, mix continuously)
Cook until smooth, then remove from heat.
- Remove baking dish from oven and add chicken to the potatoes, pumpkin and mushrooms. Pour sauce over everything, then spread peas over the mixture.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese over everything. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.