Full of flavor, all the goodness of cheesecake plus the decadent cherry
It tastes pretty much like a churro stuffed with cherry cheesecake. Hope you enjoy it!
Video Step By Step
I used raw fresh tortilla cooked in Skillet Just 60 Seconds.
but if you do not get these tortillas you can use your favorite brand
- 5 Extra Large Soft Flour Tortillas (for Burritos)
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 21oz Canned Cherry Filling
- Canola or Vegetable Oil (for deep frying)
- Cinnamon Sugar (for coating)
1) Combine cream cheese, ricotta, sour cream, vanilla extract and lemon zest using a mixer.
2) Heat the oil in your deep fryer or pot to 170 degrees celsius (~340 Fahrenheit). If you do not have a candy thermometer, toss a piece of bread into the hot oil. If it turns golden in about 20 seconds, it’s the right temperature.
3) Evenly distribute the cheese mixture amongst the tortillas, spooning it into the center. Do the same with the cherry filling, spooning it on top of the cheese.
4) Fold the tortillas around the filling. It is almost impossible to explain how to do this in words if you’ve never rolled a burrito or chimichanga before, so here is a super helpful tutorial.
5) Carefully set one of the Cherry-Changa into the hot oil. Fry for about 2 minutes or until it is golden brown. Use the tongs to gently remove the Chimi-Cherry from the oil. Roll, brush or sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar. Repeat for each ChimiCherryChanga..
Recipe Credit: Geekychef