They are the perfect dessert to take to a party or potluck dinner because they make so many (and they are so rich that you can only handle a small brownie at a time!). I am a sucker for anything with mint and chocolate together and these didn’t disappoint!
Portions: 8 servings
Cook time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Calories Portions: 640
- 5 oz. dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp mint extract
- green food coloring
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally. Once ingredients are melted and well incorporated set aside to cool slightly, until luke warm. Once the chocolate has cooled stir in the brown sugar and vanilla.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix with a wooden spoon until the chocolate mixture is smooth and glossy.
4. In another bowl sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Beat in the chocolate mixture until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 9inch baking pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Allow the brownies to cool completely.
7. In a large bowl beat together the 2 cups powdered sugar and 4 tbsp softened butter until fluffy. Add 4 tbsp milk, and mint extract and continue to mix. Add enough green food coloring to turn the mixture the desired green.
8. Spread the mint filling on top of the brownies, making sure it is even and smooth.
9. Melt the remaining chocolate and butter together in a double boiler over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the corn syrup. Set aside and allow to cool slightly, for about 5 minutes. Pour he mixture over the top of the brownies, making sure it is even and covers the brownies completely. Allow to cool and set before serving.