Are you looking for a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? This Chocolate Banana Nut Bread is not only vegan but is delicious too! A small slice of it will satisfy a craving but not fill you with guilt!
This recipe was created by Lori Streator of Sweatpants and Superfoods. Lori began Sweatpants and Superfoods soon after her son was born because she was compelled to share her knowledge of eating and living healthier. Visit Lori’s blog to learn how she has transformed many recipes into vegan versions. You can follow Lori on Facebook.
Chocolate Banana Nut Bread
- 4-5 overly ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar or turbinano
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup nuts (chopped walnuts or pecans work best)
- Preheat oven to 350. Mash bananas in a large bowl, add coconut palm sugar and vanilla. Mix with a
hand mixer, adding the water as you mix.
- In another bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, and fully mix with a fork or spatula.
- With the fork/spatula mix in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes but start checking with a cake tester
after about 50 minutes.
- The cake tester should come out clean and the bread should start slightly
splitting on the top.
- Let it cool before cutting.
* You can increase the amount of nuts to 1/3 or even 1/2 depending on preference. Sometimes I like
to add more just for a little change.
* Optional: Place walnuts and caramel sauce on top (Recipe for Made from scratch caramel sauce )