A fabulous smoothie for when you want something sweet and chocolaty, but very healthy too! A virtuous, guilt-free treat! This counts as one of your five a day.
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana, sliced (save 1-2 slices for garnish)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sauce which can be made my melting together your following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp almond butter
- 1 tsp honey
- optional: 2 tbsp granola
- Melt ingredients for chocolate sauce over a double boiler and leave on stove to stay liquid.
- Combine the rest of ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Optional: Put 2 tbsp of granola into bottom of glass.
- Top with smoothie
- Top with chocolate sauce
- Garnish with a banana slice