Christmas is quickly approaching which means you better get baking!
I thought it’d be fun to share this easy and festive Candy Cane Fudge with you today- it’s easier than most recipes so that’s a plus!
This is our favorite holiday desserts for all of you last minute bakers. First up, Candy Cane Fudge from Foodess. Chocolate and peppermint go hand in hand with the holidays and we are going to devour every last peppermint morsel whether it be on top of fudge or in hot chocolate. These pretty treats would make a great last minute gift too!
Chocolate Candy Cane Fudge
- 16 oz can of chocolate frosting
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 3-4 candy canes
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Put the candy canes into a Ziplock bag and crush with the bottom of a pan or with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- In the microwave, melt chocolate chips in a medium size bowl. Set the timer for 2 minutes and stir every 30 seconds until all the chocolate is melted.
- Once the chips are melted add the frosting and stir until both ingredients are mixed evenly.
- Carefully spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Use a spatula spoon for gently push the fudge evenly towards all sides.
- Sprinkle the broken candy cane bits over the fudge and gently press down on them so that they stick.
- Put the fudge in the fridge and let it set for 30 minutes.
- Once set, remove the fudge by lifting the foil up, remove the foil.
- Cut the fudge into pieces, or use a cookie cutter.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.