Yup. You read that right. Bacon.
Chocolate. Covered. BACON. And, salted caramel.
Oh my Bacon.
This was my first attempt at this kind of candy. I liked it. The combination of the bacon and salty caramel was darn tasty! I would also like to try this with crunchy peanut butter instead of caramel.
Chocolate Caramel Bacon
45 MINUTES TO PREPARE, SERVES 4
- 3/4 pound thick-sliced bacon
- 10 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup prepared caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, then transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
- Blot thoroughly with paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Melt chocolate and heavy cream together over a double-boiler, stirring until smooth. Dip bacon slices one at a time into chocolate sauce to coat.
- Place each bacon slice on a baking sheet covered with wax paper and let cool.
- Once set, drizzle caramel sauce over the bacon slices.
- Place bacon in refrigerator and let chill for 15-20 minutes, or until set.