Chocolate Cherry Bombs A quick and easy recipe, these balls delicious cake with cherries in the center and dipped in chocolate, are the delight of children and adults. I’ve done this for a while and I’ve noticed that freezing the balls for an hour are easier to manipulate and cover with chocolate.
If you want to do for adults can be added to cake mix 1/4 cup cherry liquor or any other alcoholic drink you have in your home.
I hope you enjoy doing these chocolate and cherry bombs. Feedback
Chocolate Cherry Bombs
- 1 Cake Mix (your favorite flavor, I use dark chocolate)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup – White Frosting (your favorite brand)
- 30-48 Maraschino Cherries with stems
- 16-22 oz. tempered semi-sweet chocolate (or dark confectionery coating/candy melts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake pan/s by spraying with no-stick cooking spray. Blend cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl until moistened. Using a hand held mixer , beat on medium speed for two minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan/s. Bake for 29-35 minutes (see package for specific times for each pan size). Cool cake completely.
- Crumble cooled cake into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup frosting and mix until well combined. Add more if needed. Scoop mixture out by the tablespoonful. I use a small ice cream scoop to make easy work of this task. Roll each scoop into a ball.
- Drain maraschino cherries and pat dry with paper towels. Press one cherry into the center of each cake ball. Bring the cake mixture up and around the cherry. Roll in between your two hands to form a nice ball.
- Freeze the balls 1 hour (minimum)
- Melt and temper semi-sweet chocolate or melt confectionery coating/candy melts. Dip cake covered cherries in chocolate. Set on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate if using tempered semi-sweet chocolate until set, about 10 minutes. If using dark candy melts, place your cherry bombs in the freezer until set, about 5 minutes. Bring to room temperature before serving.