This Chocolate Chip Cake recipe is great for those days when a cookie just won’t cut it. Or when you’d like a little chocolate with your cake, but not a full-on chocolate cake.
Easy to make, the vanilla butter cake is moist and fluffy. Eat this cake while it’s still warm for delicious little pockets of melted chocolate love.
With ice-cream or cream it gets even better.
- 225 g (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 240 g (2 cups) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g (7 0z) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 24 cm (9 1/2 inch) spring pan.
- Beat butter and sugar together until very fluffy and white, about 4 minutes. Mix in the eggs slowly, one egg at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- In another bowl sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add the flour mixture slowly to the egg mixture. Don’t over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula. Leave a handful for decoration.
- Pour batter in the pan and level the top. Sprinkle the handful of the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for about 35 min or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.