This cookie dough fudge is such a hit with everyone who tries it!
Fudge will keep for 1 week stored in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge
Makes 36 squares.
For Cookie Dough
- 1/3 cup (75g) unsalted butter, soften to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) half-and-half (or milk or cream)
- 1/2 cup (62g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (67g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (80ml) half-and-half (or milk or cream)
- 4-5 cups (480-600g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (90g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8-inch or 9X9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- For the Cookie Dough, combine butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand or handheld mixer. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla, salt, and half-and-half. Add flour and mix until just combined. (important Do NOT overmix.)
- To prepare the fudge base, combine brown sugar, butter, salt, and half-and-half in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted and brown sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Slowly stir in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until mixture is smooth and sugar is incorporated throughout. Stir in vanilla. Add more confectioners’ sugar if desired. The more powdered sugar you add, the thicker, firmer, and sweeter the fudge will be. I used 5 cups.
- Add cookie dough to the fudge base and stir to combine. At this point, the mixture should have cooled to room temperature. If not, continue to stir until it is no longer warm to the touch. Fold in mini chocolate chips and spread fudge into prepared baking pan. Chill until set, about 3-4 hours. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe credit: Sallysbakingaddiction.com