Today we bring you the recipe for a very original chocolate rolls for a special breakfast.
We can prepare the Saturday weigh and leave Sunday morning surprise the family with a great breakfast freshly baked. What can accompany a hot chocolate in winter or cool in summer smoothie rich.
Yield: 8 rolls
- 2 cups (240 grams) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lukewarm milk
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 4 tbsp (56 grams) melted butter
- 6 oz (168 grams) chocolate (both chopped and chips)
- 4 tbsp (56 grams) room temperature butter
- 4 oz (113 grams) room temperature cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) powder sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 2-3 tsp lukewarm milk
- In a mixing bowl add the flour. Make a well in the middle and pour the 1/3 cup lukewarm milk in. Sprinkle the yeast on top of it and leave at room temperature until the yeast has dissolved and bubbles start to appear.
- Add the sugar, salt and eggs and, with the dough hook on, start mixing on low speed until the dough starts to come together and rolls around the dough hook.
- When all the butter is incorporated increase the speed to maximum (on my mixer that is 12) and mix for 2-3 minutes. (at this point the dough is a sticky mess but, please, do not be tempted to add more flour, it will come together with a little patience)
- Clean and mix again. Do it for 3-4 more times until the dough starts to pull itself from the sides of the bowl and makes a slapping sound.
- Clean the sides of the bowl and the dough hook and place the dough into a buttered bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature to rise until doubled in volume.
- When the dough is risen and doubled in volume, take it out of the bowl and roll it on a slightly floured surface.
- Brush it with the room temperature butter and sprinkle the chocolate all over it and roll, starting with the wide side.
- With a piece of thread or dental floss (unflavored) cut the roll into 8 rolls.
- Place the rolls into a cast iron pan or a 10″ round pan.
- Cover again with plastic foil and leave to rise for the second time.
- In the meantime heat the oven to 375F.
- Bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden-brown on top.
- When the rolls are baked make the coffee icing.
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese with the sugar and coffee powder and add enough milk to make it pour-able.
- Pour it over warm rolls and enjoy!
Only for printing. Please do not copy and paste this recipe in facebook coment. Let people know about this site. Feel free to share your fan page provided you have the link to this page. If you copy and paste this recipe in your website be sure to have a link to this page. Similarly with the images, be sure to have a link to this website. Thank you very much. www.allfood.recipes