This is one of those recipes i have been meaning to share with you but i never got to photograph a piece of the pie. this pie usually gets devoured before i can grab the camera.
Absolute bliss. id give this a million stars. the pecan cookies add such an awesome flavor on top of the perfectly sweetened apple filling. Only thing was that 4 teaspoons of butter for the toppiing didnt seem like enough so i assumed the person meant 4 tablespoons
Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie
- 6 medium cooking apples; (about 2 lbs)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 can Crust; make your own from scratch; Pre-Baked
- 1.5 cups crushed pecan sandie cookies; may need 2 cups
- 4 tbs butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Filling: peel & core apples. cut into thin slices. mix apple slices & other ingredients in large bowl. let stand for 30 minutes. cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and apples reduce; stir often. filling can be stored in Ziploc bag in fridge or freezer for later if desired.
- Pie: pour filling in already baked crust. melt butter in meduim/small bowl, then mix in crushed cookies; should form coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb mixture on top of filling; spreading evenly. cover edges of crust/pie loosely with foil. bake for 10-15 or until crumb topping is golden/crisp & filling is heated all the way through.