Bread pudding is something that has been present throughout my childhood, my mother often make one with nuts, raisins and orange peel. It really is delicious. Here I leave my version of this wonderful dessert. This recipe for Cinnamon- Caramel Bread Pudding is elegant enough to serve as dessert at a fancy dinner party, but it’s also easy enough to make and serve to the family (and enjoy leftovers for a few days).
Note: I did this many times, the gift of two different images, not individually but in a square fountain oven, and then cut portions. In an image looks extra raisins, because I love and it reminds me of bread pudding my mother.
Yield: 11 servings
- 1 1/3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (1-pound) loaf cinnamon-swirl bread, cut into 1-inch cubes or cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup fat-free caramel sundae syrup
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread,finely grated orange zest, vanilla extract and pinch of salt -mix gently.. tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Divide bread mixture evenly among 11 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with syrup and whipped cream or Ice cream!