This unique yet sweet and beloved ice cream treat squeezes scoops of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream between two halves of a ripe banana. Topping off this cool dessert is a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkling of crunchy peanuts.
Classic banana split (recipe)
- 4 large ripe bananas.
- 4 scoops each of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice creams .
- 4 tbsp each of Chocolate sauce, Toffee sauce and Summer berry sauce.
- 250ml whipping cream, whipped .
- 4 tbsp Chopped Peanuts
- 12 glacé cherries.
- 4 wafers canes to decorate
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half lengthways. Arrange split-side up in the dishes. Put 3 scoops of ice cream, in different flavours, down the length of the each banana, between the 2 halves. Drizzle the 3 sauces generously over the top.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the ice cream. Sprinkle liberally with chopped Peanuts and top with glacé cherries. Set the wafers in the ice cream at a jaunty angle.Serve immediately.