I love pineapple …..it is a tropical fruit and famous around the world. You can eat the flesh as snack, salad, savory dishes or dessert, such as pizza topping, ice cream or jam. The juice of the pineapple is served as beverage, one of the famous cocktail with pineapple is piña colada. Try this coconut pineapple bread !!!!
Coconut Pineapple Bread
- 1 1/2cup (150g) fresh pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar + 1 tablespoon for sprinkle
- 100ml melted coconut oil, not too hot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 180ml buttermilk
- 2 cups flour (250g) flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the egg and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, stir well.
- Add the vanilla, desiccated coconut and buttermilk, combine well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, add slowly into the batter, mix well.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin.
- Arrange the pineapple to cover the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon brown sugar on top of the pineapple.
- Place the cake in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, check until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Take out from the oven and leave it cool in the tin for 10 minutes then remove from tin and allow to cool on a cooling rack.