- Yield 1 to 2 servings
- Cook Time 20 minutes
For the shrimp:
- 1/2 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup Bisquick
- 3/4 cup hefeweizen beer, such as Blue Moon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Oil, for frying
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning, or to taste
- Make the shrimp: Rinse shrimp under cold water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add pancake mix and beer to a shallow bowl, and stir until smooth. In another shallow bowl, mix together the flour, seasoning salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Add the coconut to a third shallow bowl. Using the tail as a handle, dip the shrimp into the flour mixture, and shake off any excess. Then dip it into the batter and dredge it in coconut. Repeat with all of the shrimp.
- Fry the shrimp in 350°F oil for 45 to 60 seconds on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on a paper-towel-lined baking sheet.
- Make the dipping sauce: Mix together the orange marmalade and cajun seasoning, adding more cajun seasoning to taste, if desired. Serve with shrimp.