As the weather turns colder I am more prone to getting sick with a bad cold or flu. So I often make this Honey Citron Turmeric Tea to help me feel better. It tastes so much better than the drugstore cough syrup and it really works!
Cold Remedy Tea with Turmeric Ginger Honey Citrus
Honey Ginger Turmeric Citrus Wellness Tea Recipe (30 servings):
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Orange
- 2 inches Ginger Root
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 cup Organic Raw Honey
- In a large bowl place:
- Finely sliced lemons. (Leave out the seeds)
- Oranges into thin slices (also leave out the seeds)
- Peel the ginger and crush in a mortar.
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric
- Finally add a cup of raw organic honey.
- Mix and store in a jar.
(The liquid extract honey citrus and will be very syrupy)
How to use:
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the mixture of tea and add a cup of hot water.
- It can be used immediately
- Stored in a refrigerator for a month
- The citrus in this recipe is loaded with vitamin C, which is known to support the body’s natural defenses. Lemon and its juice is known to decreases the strength of the flu and the cold virus and it also reduces phlegm.
- The ginger will soothe your scratchy throat after coughing.
- Turmeric is a spice that can be found in most grocery stores but it’s been used in ancient Ayurvedic and Chinese medicines to clear infection and inflammation. Feel free to adjust the turmeric based on your preference. It can be quite strong.
- Raw organic honey is minimally processed and contains many nutrients. It’s like liquid gold that helps with that incessant coughing, and it really helps with sleeping. It contains tryptophan so this is great to get some rest!