Stuffed desserts seem to be all the rage lately. And with good reason.
I mean, why not sandwich a fabulous cookie in between a layer of brownies and – well – another cookie? Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. :)
If you’re feeling like going the extra mile and making these really indulgent, you can even add an extra layer of ice cream on top. I mean, why not?
Here’s the how to!
-Start out by whipping up a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookie dough.
-Then make some fudgy brownie batter. (Good luck resisting TWO delicious beaters to lick!)
-Press about a tablespoon of cookie dough into the bottom of 24 prepared baking cups.
-Then add a chocolate sandwich cookie on top of the dough.
-Then add about a tablespoon of brownie batter on top until the cupcake liners are nearly full.
-Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees until the cupcakes are cooked through. Remove and let cool.
-Then take a peek at the deliciousness you have created!
Serve them up warm.
Or if you want an extra gold star, top a warm cupcake with a scoop of ice cream on top.
And… drizzle with some chocolate syrup and sprinkles. Because, you know, why not. :) Enjoy!!
Cookie Stuffed Brownie Cupcakes
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge brownies
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Begin by making the cookie dough. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugars and butters together on medium speed until smooth. Mix in the 2 (not 4) eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to package with the brownie mix, oil, eggs and water. Set aside.
- Line 24 baking cups with paper liners, or grease with cooking spray. Spoon 1 tablespoon of cookie dough into the bottom of each baking cup, and press it flat into the bottom of each cup. Then place a chocolate cookie on top of the dough. Then spoon 1 tablespoon of brownie batter on top of the cookie. The baking cup should be nearly full.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each baking cup comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve as is, or topped with ice cream and chocolate sauce.