Rice Krispies Treats (also called Rice Krispies squares, bars, buns or cakes) are a sweet dessert or snack made from Rice Krispies or other crisp rice cereal, melted butter or margarine, and either melted marshmallows or marshmallow creme, the latter which allows the treat to be suitable for vegetarians.
While they can be made at home, they can also be found available for purchase.
This recipe for Rice Krispies Treats has the addition of oreos and white chocolate …. we ask for more? I think not … Mona sending this recipe from Spain. Thank you Mona!
Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats
Yield: 18 squares
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 (10.5) oz bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup oreos chopped ( about 12 oreos)
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup oreos chopped ( about 7 oreos)
- Butter a 13 x 9 pan, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick saucepan over medium low heat, swirling butter up along edges of the pan.
- Stir in marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in Rice Krispies cereal, stir until evenly coated.
- Fold in 12 chopped oreos. Pour mixture into buttered dish. Using a buttered spatula or greased hands gently press mixture evenly into dish, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over Rice Krispie Treats and immediately (before chocolate hardens) sprinkle with 7 chopped oreos. (for me it was much oreo so skip this step)
- Cover and refrigerate about 15 minutes, Cut squares, about 18