Homemade Mini cookies pops Nutella
With Thanksgiving and the winter holidays quickly approaching, you’re bound to need some quick fun and easy recipes to bring along to parties or put out for your kids.
Stuffed cookies pops nutella!!! these cookies are delicious and very easy, quick cooking.
This easy last minute treat is seriously so delicious that you’ll have people begging for your recipe, if you can even call it that! :)
Alternatively, start with a package of frozen puff pastry, thawed or refrigerated pie crust
Note: you can cut hearts and stars as seen in the picture, everything you create will be great. Children can help is fun
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup shortening, chilled and cut into pieces
- 2-4 Tbsp. ice-cold water
- 1 small jar Nutella
- one beaten egg with a teaspoon of water, for brushing
- popsicle or lollipop sticks
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Make the pastry: in a large bowl or the bowl of a food processor, stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and shortening and use a fork, pastry blender, wire whisk or use the “pulse” motion of the food processor to blend the mixture until it resembles coarse meal, with lumps of fat no bigger than a pea.
- Drizzle the minimum amount of water over the mixture and stir until the dough comes together, adding a little more a bit at a time if you need it. Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disc, wrap it in plastic and chill for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out 1/4″ thick. Cut into 2″-3″ rounds with a cookie cutter or glass rim, and brush the edge with beaten egg. Place a lollipop stick on the edge, overlapping the pastry by about 1/2″, and place a spoonful of Nutella in the middle of the pastry circle. Brush the edge lightly with one beaten egg with a teaspoon of water.
- Top with a second circle and press the edges with a fork to seal. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, brush with a little more milk or cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Repeat with the remaining pastry and Nutella.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Makes about a dozen pie pops.