A copycat recipe that you can make right at home in less than 20 minutes. And it tastes even better than the restaurant version!
CPK’s Kung Pao Spaghetti – A copycat recipe that you can make at home in less than 20 min. And the homemade version tastes 10000x better!
And if you want it completely vegetarian, you could even add some fried tofu cubes. That actually sounds better than the chicken. I’ll definitely be trying that next time!
Join us on Facebook to see our latest recipes!
CPK’s Kung Pao Spaghetti
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the sauce
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste with garlic, or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, dry sherry, red chili paste, sugar, red wine vinegar, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken, peanuts and green onions.
- Serve immediately.