Who could resist this rich cream cheese brownies recipe with rich fudgy brownies? Try it for yourself and share your thoughts!
Cream Cheese Brownie
Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate chips for sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- To prepare brownies.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter with the chocolate, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl, and let cool, 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar, eggs, milk, and vanilla and beat well. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix. Add vanilla and egg; mix until well-blended.
- Place cheese mixture in dolups over the whole pan, leaving some brownie showing in between.
- Sprinkle top of brownies with chocolate chips (if desired)
- Cut or swirl through batter several times with a knife or fork for a marbled effect. It can be tricky to get a good marble effect so be careful not to over work it.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool; cut into squares. (These will also freeze well).