This cake has already gotten rave reviews in my house.
Here’s a rich classic pound cake with the pretty color bright and dotting the tasty glaze made with 7up. Let me encourage you to bake this cake
Cream Cheese-Cherry Vanilla Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 1/4 all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 oz) jars maraschino cherries, drained and puree in a blender or food processor.
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped and reserved (I used 2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cherry 7-Up
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 10 cup Bundt pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- In another bowl, sift together 3 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add, one cup at a time, of flour mixture to butter mixture until combined.
- Puree cherries with 1/4 cup flour. Add to batter and gently stir. Add vanilla bead seeds. Stir.
- Spoon into bundt pan and gently tap on counter to release any air bubbles.
Bake approximately 1 hour 20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan 10-15 minutes. Turn it out onto your cake plate.
- Beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Glaze should be the consistency of corn syrup, add more powdered sugar (a tablespoon at a time) if necessary to thicken glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake. Serve and enjoy!
COOK’S NOTE: If you only have regular 7-Up just add a splash of maraschino cherry juice and make sure the liquid still measures ¾ cup in the cake. For the glaze use 1 ½ tablespoons soda and ½ tablespoon maraschino cherry juice.