These Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are seriously the best, most creamy chicken enchiladas ever. The cheesy white enchilada sauce is to die for! If you’re wondering how to make enchiladas, come try this easy chicken enchilada recipe!
What Is An Enchilada?
An enchilada is a rolled tortilla with a filling (usually meat) then topped with a sauce and baked. These Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are filled with creamy cream cheese chicken, tomatoes, green chiles, and then topped with a creamy, cheesy white enchilada sauce.
How To Make Enchiladas
Combine the chicken, cream cheese, tomatoes and green chiles, then spoon 2-3 tablespoons down the center of a tortilla. Roll the tortillas up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
For the White Enchilada Sauce
Top the tortillas with Monterey Jack cheese, then drizzle with heavy cream. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Take off foil and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
The BEST Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas!!
Look at that golden, bubbly, cheesy white enchilada sauce!! These Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are honestly the BEST chicken enchiladas ever!! I hope you love them as much as we do!
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9×13 baking dish with Pam.
- Add Rotel and cream cheese to a large skillet over medium heat and stir until very well combined and cheese is melted. Stir in chicken.
- Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese, and generously drizzle with whipping cream.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. Take off foil and cook for another 15 mins, or until top is golden brown.