I’m so excited to share my first pumpkin recipe of the season with you!
These pumpkin cupcakes are so moist, wonderfully spiced and pumpkiny! And the icing is pure heaven. Pumpkin pie spice compliment the pumpkin perfectly!
It may seem a little early for pumpkin for some, but I love it and I figure if Starbucks has pumpkin already, why shouldn’t I?!
Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Whole cloves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, pumpkin
- and eggs until well blended. Combine flour, baking soda, salt,
- baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture
- until well blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-22 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until
- smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool
- to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and confectioners’ sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla if desired. Gradually add
- cornstarch mixture, beating until smooth.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each
- cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Spoon or pipe filling
- into cupcakes.
adapted from: tasteofhome.com
For the top I used Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese,
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the confectioners’ sugar. Store in the refrigerator after use.