Remember there was this Durian Shoppe in Klang Valley few years back? They had these durian puffs which were so good. It?s durian season here again and this time, I?m gonna recreate that!!
CREAM PUFFS WITH CUSTARD FILLING
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt (reduce or omit if using salted butter or margarine)
1) Heat water, salt and butter to a rolling boil; reduce heat. Tip in the flour and stir vigorously over low heat until mixture forms into a ball, about 1 minute.
2) Remove from heat. Add in the eggs, one at a time, while beating until dough mixture is smooth.
3) Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4) Use rounded teaspoonfuls (to tablespoonfuls, depending on the size you like) or a piping bag to make mounds of dough set about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
5) Bake puffs until they are puffed and golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool.
6) Slit each puff halfway and put in the custard filling (recipe below).
Custard Filling :
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar( – or adjust the amount to your preference )
- 3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tbsps flour
- 1 1/2 tbsps cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1) Beat yolk and sugar until white. Pour in milk bit by bit while mixing until sugar is melted.
2) Put in flour, cornstarch, vanilla and mix until smooth.
3) Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils and is thick.
4) Cool before putting into puffs.
There may seem to be many steps to follow here but really, this recipe is very easy and the yummy taste is well worth the effort! Hope you like the taste!
Feel free to share your fan page provided you have the link to this page. If you copy and paste this recipe in your website be sure to have a link to this page. Similarly with the images, be sure to have a link to this website. Thank you very much. www.allfood.recipes