Very good and a fast way to have an easy banana ice cream. I had some heavy cream left from another recipe and bananas left over that were needing to be eaten..so this was PERFECT!
Creamy Banana Pops
Total Time: 4 hr 10 min
Prep: 10 min
Inactive: 4 hr
Yield:about 12 pops
- 2 medium bananas, very ripe
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 5-ounce paper cups
- Wooden ice cream sticks
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas very well until almost lump free.
- You should have about 1 cup mashed. Whisk in heavy cream, milk and sugar until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into paper cups, and freeze 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and insert a wooden stick in the center of each pop.
- Return pops to freezer and freeze until solid, about 2 to 3 hours.
- To serve, peel paper cups away and eat immediately.