Did everyone’s grandma make this? So classic and so good on a summer’s day.
Creamy Dill Cucumber Salad
Serving Size:Serves 4
- 3 large thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced ( or white onion)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 handful dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by placing the sliced onions in a bowl with some water or vinegar, add some salt, and throw them in the microwave for ten seconds. This is done to improve the taste of the onions. use a paper towel to pat the onions dry
- In a large bowl place slices of cucumbers, onions and celery mix.
- In another bowl stir together the sour cream or greek yocurt, dill. sugar and lemon juice.
Stir into the salad. Garnish with more dill if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!!