This is a very easy and tasty chicken dish, thanks to the wonderful creamy mustard sauce.
When you bring together fresh chicken and tasty mushrooms in a rich, creamy sauce, you know you’ve got a dinner that your family is going to ask for over and over again.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound very thinly sliced (or pounded) chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut cream (they carry it by the can at Trader Joes)
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- In a large heavy skillet over high heat, add the oil. Add the chicken breasts and cook until lightly browned on each side, about 3-4 minutes on each side. When the chicken is cooked through, set aside.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook for 2 minutes, until the onions are slightly brown. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle everything with kosher salt and continue to cook 5 more minutes. When the mushrooms are softened and slightly browned add the thyme and white wine and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth and cook another 5 minutes until the broth and wine is reduced.
- Add the mustard and the cream and stir into the mushrooms until melted and creamy. Season to taste with kosher salt. Add the chicken back to the pan and reheat in the liquid and mushrooms. Spoon onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the parsley.