This recipe is for one of my favorite pasta dishes ever: Creamy Pesto Pasta. It’s quick and easy to throw together in no time. Make your own fresh basil pesto or buy it already prepared. Once the pesto is made this Creamy Pesto Pasta Recipe is so very quick, and perfect for any night of the week.
Chicken, shrimp or broccoli can easily be added to the this recipe by cooking them in the same pan in a bit of olive oil prior to cooking the pesto sauce.
Creamy Pesto Pasta
Recipe by Shewearsmanyhats
Serves: Makes about 6 servings.
- 1 cup of basil pesto (recipe here)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound favorite pasta, cooked
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add pesto and mix into the oil. Be sure to stir often as the pesto warms.
- When the pesto is warmed and just a little bubbly, slowly stream in the heavy cream as you stir. (You can always add more cream it you’d like.)
- Add some pasta water to thin out the sauce, if needed.
- Turn down the heat and continue to stir to incorporate the cream and pesto.
- Salt and pepper to taste.