One of our family’s favorites, it’s also great when made with crab meat instead of the shrimp
Creamy Pesto Shrimp
Prep 15 m
Cook 15 m
Ready In 30 m
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pesto Here Recipe
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in cream, and season with pepper. Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
Stir Parmesan cheese into cream sauce, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Blend in the pesto, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp, and cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes. Serve over the hot spaghetti.