Creamy Raisin Rice Pudding is a dish made from rice mixed with water or milk and sometimes other ingredients such as cinnamon and raisins. Different variants are used for either desserts or dinners. When used as a dessert, it is commonly combined with a sweetener such as sugar. Such desserts are found on many continents, especially Asia where rice is a staple.
Creamy Raisin Rice Pudding
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 1/4 tablespoons butter or 2 1/4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- nutmeg, as needed
- cinnamon, as needed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine rice, water and salt in 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a vigorous boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until all water is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Add milk, sugar mixture and raisins to rice.
- Heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Slowly stir about 1 cup of the hot rice mixture into egg yolks in bowl.
- Stir into remaining mixture in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until mixture starts to bubble.
- Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with cinnamon and nutmeg.