Easy, delicious and healthy recipe. A rich, creamy sauce with bacon and tortellini pasta.
Creamy Tortellini with Bacon
- 1 pkg. tortellini (9 oz.) , prepared according to package directions
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces chopped mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 pieces of crispy cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- In a small saucepan place oil and cook the onion , add mushrooms and cook 1 minute, placed in a bowl and set aside.
- In the saucepan combine butter and heavy cream over medium heat. When the cream and butter begin to bubble slightly add Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, and whisk in cheese until it melts completely.
Assemble the dish
- Place 8 to 10 pieces of tortellini in each dish for a serving. Pour cheese sauce over tortellini and add crumbled bacon, onion, mushrooms and sliced scallions over the tortellini.