Crescent Roll Taco Bake
Food combinations are often truly inspiring and will forever change the way you eat your favorite foods, and this one is no different. Imagine tacos and pie combining to form the ultimate slice of deliciousness you didn’t know you needed in your life. That’s exactly what you’ll get with this easy taco pie with a crescent crust from Pillsbury. It’s basically everything you love about tacos bake served in tart form, flaky crust and all. yum!
The recipe is from Pillsbury, and will take your weekly taco nights to the next level. Not only is the end result completely amazing, but it’s also super simple to make.
This dish will become something you’ll happily serve to the whole family, and we have a feeling there won’t be any complaints about it.
All you need to make this untraditional version of tacos is a can of Pillsbury Crescent rolls, ground beef, taco seasoning, salsa, cheese, and your favorite taco ingredients.
- 1 8 ounce can Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 pound lean at least 80% ground beef
- ¾ cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix from 1-oz package
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce as desired
- Diced tomato as desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll dough; separate into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 9-inch square pan or 10-inch pie plate; press over bottom and up sides to form crust.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in salsa and taco seasoning mix; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon meat mixture in crust-lined pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Served topped with lettuce and tomato.
Serve with additional salsa, sour cream and avocado slices.